3M Scotch-Brite Clean 'N Strip Discs
Scotch-Brite™ Clean and Strip Disc is an extra coarse grade, open-web disc engineered to effectively clean welds, remove rust and strip paint. The open construction and aggressive abrasive properties provide a smooth running wheel that resists loading when removing soft coatings.
The non-woven disc is a safe alternative to wire brushes, offers a greater surface area, and leaves a finer finish, which may eliminate the need for subsequent finishing steps.Scotch-Brite™ Clean and Strip Disc uses extra coarse silicon carbide abrasive mineral. Silicon carbide is a synthetic mineral that is very sharp and commonly used for low-pressure applications such as paint prep. While it breaks down faster than aluminum oxide, it produces a superior finish.Our Scotch-Brite™ industrial abrasives are a unique surface conditioning product with abrasives incorporated into non-woven nylon or other synthetic fibers. Combining abrasives into the fibers creates an abrasive system that delivers consistent results for the life of the product. The open-web material is load resistant and keeps the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance by limiting clogging of the fibers.
- Thin width gets into tight corners for complete cleaning, stripping, and surface prep
- Provides greater surface area than wire brushes
- Extra coarse grade silicon carbide provides aggressive cutting and leaves a finish than wire brushes
- Load and heat resistance offers prolonged operation and consistent finishing results throughout disc life
- Smear resistant, non-woven web material provides uniform wear over the life of the disc